Kilimanjaro route details help mount Kilimanjaro climbers to choose the best suitable route. Tourists who are planning to trek Kilimanjaro can compare between Kilimanjaro trails. Kilimanjaro routes recommended in priority, climbers can consider Kilimanjaro trails in priority from 1st Onwards.
Email: [email protected]
- Northern Circuit. The new route with few climbers has an excellent way to acclimatize and has beautiful scenery during climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. …
- Lemosho route. Fantastic Kilimanjaro beauty is seen and has the best acclimatization. …
- Machame route. Has wonderful scenic views and good acclimatization, better if you take 7 days travel package.
- Rongai is another favorite option trekking Kilimanjaro because hiking is not steep has a sense of wilderness scenery and only trail with a panoramic view of Mawenzi rugged Volcano the peak at Saddle camp. Rongai trail is preferred if you want to climb in rain months like April, May, and November. This is because on the northern side of Kilimanjaro there is a little rain and usually drier than other Kilimanjaro routes. For elder people and even first-time climbers, the Rongai route is most recommended because has a gentle rise up, and a short time traverses to the Kibo Uhuru peak.
- Marangu is the pioneer route and first to be well established earlier than other Kilimanjaro routes. Marangu route was used by first European Explorers to climb Mount Kilimanjaro to the summit successful. Hans Meyer was a German geology professor and the son of a wealthy editor from Leipzig, who hiked to the summit for the first time in 1889 successful. Hans Meyer was accompanied by Ludwig von Purtscheller, an Austrian mountaineer, and a local guide Yohana Kinyala Lauwo. Yohana Lauwo was also a scout army and was appointed by Chagga Chief. So Marangu became the most popular and oldest, hence it was nicknamed Coca-cola route. Hans Meyer and Ludwig started their adventure journey from Mombasa where they first saw glittering mountain peaks from far away. Hans Meyer was the leader of the trek and he is the one who set the first camps which then were modernized to be Mountain huts. Mount Kilimanjaro ascent through the Marangu route uses mountain huts as accommodation during the journey to the summit. All other Kilimanjaro trails depend on tented camps for overnight in the Mountain. Refer to german travel Magazine here.
- Umbwe route is very tough and most challenging climbing, only suitable for highly experienced Mountaineers; however, Umbwe route scenery is very beautiful.
If you are climbing Mount Kilimanjaro on a budget, consider the Machame route or Rongai. Kilimanjaro tour prices on Machame and Rongai are most affordable than others due to the duration of the trip and other factors. However, Kilimanjaro trekking cost on other trails increases slightly, so consider Kilimanjaro as a lifetime important trip, hence make sure it is enjoyable and comfortable by proper preparations and budget. So to see the part of the most beautiful attraction in Kilimanjaro consider the Lemosho route or Northern circuit routes.